Are you getting iMessage, WhatsApp, Slack, Groups, and different app notifications even when your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode? It may well occur due to allowed apps added as exceptions to Focus modes.
Table of Content
Observe this fast information to repair this difficulty and cease apps from notifying you throughout Do Not Disturb mode.
Why does it occur?
Some individuals and apps are vital, and you may want calls, texts, and notifications from them to bypass Do Not Disturb and provide you with a warning even when your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode. So, for those who’re getting notifications throughout DND, that’s most definitely since you or somebody with entry to your iPhone has added that app as an exception.
1. Clear allowed apps for Do Not Disturb
Observe these steps to take away app exceptions from DND:
1) Open iPhone Settings and faucet Focus.
2) Faucet Do Not Disturb.
3) Below Allowed Notifications, do you see some apps? If sure, faucet Apps.
4) Choose the minus (-) button for all desired apps or faucet Take away All > Take away Apps.
The above steps make sure that no apps are added as exceptions to Do Not Disturb. Which means that subsequent time your iPhone is in DND mode, the eliminated apps will not notify you.
2. Flip off Time Delicate notifications
Notifications marked as Time Delicate are vital and wish your speedy consideration. If the Time Delicate toggle is enabled, then apps that aren’t even added to the Allowed Notifications checklist can ship alerts – Time Delicate alerts.
In the event you don’t need any app notification throughout Do Not Disturb, you also needs to block Time Delicate notifications. Right here’s how:
1) Open Settings and go to Focus > Do Not Disturb.
2) Choose Apps beneath Allowed Notifications.
3) Toggle off Time Delicate.
3. Be certain that DND Focus is enabled
After following the above two fixes, for those who nonetheless get calls throughout Do Not Disturb, take a second to verify Do Not Disturb is definitely enabled. The best method to do this is by going to your iPhone’s Management Heart and tapping the crescent moon icon. You may as well faucet Focus > Do Not Disturb.
Other than the Management Heart, you’ll be able to ask Siri to allow Do Not Disturb or go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and toggle on Do Not Disturb.
4. Don’t flip off DND in your different Apple system(s)
Focus is shared throughout your Apple units. Which means for those who allow Do Not Disturb in your iPhone, the identical is enabled in your different units like Mac or iPad.
To handle this, you will have two choices:
- Don’t flip off Do Not Disturb in your different Apple units. Or,
- Go to iPhone Settings > Focus and toggle off Share Throughout Units. From now, even for those who activate or deactivate a Focus mode like Do Not Disturb on certainly one of your Apple units, it received’t have an effect on the Focus standing on this iPhone.
5. Different fixes
By now, you need to not get bothered by textual content or app notifications throughout Do Not Disturb. Nevertheless, to make sure an ideal expertise or for those who nonetheless get notifications, do the next:
- Restart your iPhone. Make it a behavior to take action at common intervals, like as soon as each 3 days or so.
- Go to iPhone Settings > Normal > Software program Replace and get the most recent model of iOS.
- Lastly, if nothing helps and incoming notifications don’t cease throughout Do Not Disturb, go forward and reset all iPhone settings.